الأربعاء، يناير 05، 2011

The Greatest Empire


To a poet I admire…

(Your eyes are amazing
I can't stop gazing)

I can't escape or ignore your eyes
They follow me wherever I go
I have to say, without telling lies
That among the beautiful eyes I know
I've never seen such eyes before
And I wish to see them more and more!

You have the eyes of a charming rose
They revive and kill as they open and close
They burn the ice, freeze the fire
They led me into the great empire
Of what they call love, I suppose

I looked for you in every place
In every time, and every face
Though they say you don't exist
I didn't stop, I didn't rest



I still remember, I won't forget
The day in which we finally met
The sun was there, the moon was too
But there was only the light of you!

I don't have the dream of every lover
To die with you, or live forever
I only want your eyes in mine
And everything else will be just fine!

Venus was the witness when I swore
To be your ship, your sea and shore
To be your servant and your guard
To love you always, more and more
It's not so crazy nor very hard
For I can't escape, I can't ignore
I've never seen such eyes before!

March 2001

ليست هناك تعليقات: