الأربعاء، يناير 05، 2011

My Words


My sun is out of heat
My spring is out of flowers
My song is out of beat
My time is out of hours

I'm out of poetry, out of reasons
To sleep and then to wake up back
To, helplessly, watch the four seasons
Cover the shiny words with black

So I will no more look ahead
Or try to open my closed eye
I don't really have to leave my bed
Or breathe the air, or even die!
*****
My words were easy to understand
But they were never understood
I used to form them with my hands
And irrigate them with my blood

They were my only home and shelter
The only warmness in my winter
They've given me life and strength so far
I still can watch them, going so far…

They left me with no clue or sign
I wish that I could follow their trace
And, till then, I will keep each line
In my most honorable, safest place

October 2002

ليست هناك تعليقات: